What You Should Know
What you should know before selecting or contracting with “The Debugging Experts” or any bug sweeping company
When you are researching and selecting an electronic eavesdropping detection company, it is crucial to recognize that they are not all created equally. Some bug sweep companies will give you a lower-priced bid because they have not made an investment in their training and appropriate equipment to do the job.
Below are some questions to ask when selecting a qualified debugging expert, or bug sweep technician:
- Be sure to ask about the equipment used. Unfortunately, only a handful of electronic detection technicians use professional equipment required for the task. Very few companies claiming to perform electronic bug sweeps and GPS monitoring device detection have the proper and necessary equipment. The majority of them advertising they can perform TSCM (Technical Surveillance Countermeasures) use cheap RF (radio frequency) “bug detectors” they purchased from the Internet or a local “spy-shop” and hang their shingle out as a “bug sweeper.” This equipment is not adequate to conduct a professional bug sweep or locate a hidden GPS tracker and “The Debugging Experts” refer to the other company’s $500 equipment as toys. However, professional TSCM technicians have invested at least $65,000 on equipment (and at least another $10,000 on the necessary training) to perform an effective electronic eavesdropping or GPS monitoring device detection properly.
- Be sure to ask about the professional training that the person has obtained. Most of the other companies advertising they can perform bug sweeps or locate GPS trackers have no formal or professional training, nor much experience. Professional training can be obtained from the manufacturer of the equipment. We were trained by Research Electronics International (REI) and Berkeley Varitronics Systems.
The old adage “you get what you pay for” is firmly entrenched in the TSCM industry. So be sure to ask the tough questions below, so you do not put yourself, your company or your venue at risk by choosing an amateur that does not have the proper qualifications or necessary equipment to conduct a thorough and effective bug sweep.
- Be sure to ask about the procedure they use to conduct the bug sweep, and if they search electronically, digitally and physically.
- Be sure to ask what procedures they will follow if an eavesdropping device or GPS tracker is located during the bug sweep. A professional TSCM technician will take the time to discuss your options.
- Be sure to ask if they will provide a written report on their findings and the systematic steps they took during their electronic eavesdropping detection. A professional TSCM technician will provide a written report detailing the tests conducted and their findings upon completion of the bug sweep when requested.
- Be sure to ask if the technician is willing and qualified to testify in court on your behalf if necessary.
Benefits of Hiring “The Debugging Experts”:
- Secure your trade secrets
- Resolution of your concerns
- Protection of your profits
- Protection of proprietary information and privacy
- Ensures the protection of one’s private information from becoming known to others
- Eliminates the risk of a tainted brand and therefore any embarrassment in the media
- Removes the threat, or intentionally utilizes the listening devices to provide “misinformation”
- Ensures privacy and provides peace of mind in your business, residence, vehicles, and computers
- Reduces liability, both professionally and privately
Hiring “The Debugging Experts” provides you with the following:
- We use a systematic approach that covers the radio frequency (RF) spectrum analysis, non-linear junction detection, computer network forensic analysis, and GPS monitoring device detection.
- When an eavesdropping device or GPS tracker is located, we will discuss with you whether you want it removed, left in place to provide “misinformation”, or if you want law enforcement notified.
- We provide a detailed report of the systematic steps we took, the equipment utilized, and our findings when requested.
- We are qualified and will testify on your behalf in court if necessary.
- We have invested over $65,000 in the professional-grade TSCM equipment that we use to sweep your business, residence, and vehicles. This equipment, in addition to our training and experience puts us in the top tier of debugging agencies in the USA that can effectively perform your professional bug sweep or GPS monitoring device detection.
- We have received extensive training through Research Electronics International (REI) and Berkeley Varitronics Systems and have the knowledge and experience to locate and identify eavesdropping devices, GPS trackers, and hidden threats that could be embedded on your computers.
Below is the professional equipment “The Debugging Experts” use to effectively bug sweep your environment.
REI® OSCORTM Green 24 GHz Spectrum Analyzer
We use the REI OSCOR Green 24 GHz, which is the latest and state-of-the-art industry-standard Spectrum Analyzer. This device scans the radio spectrum from 10 kHz to 24 GHz and identifies radio frequencies (RF) in the airwaves. Our professional technicians will capture and compare the RF signals inside and outside of the environments you think may be compromised. The Spectrum Analyzer will identify RF signals in the target area, which are then extracted to determine the signal source or threat.
Photo compliments of © Research Electronics International
Our REI ORION 2.4 Non-Linear Junction Detector (NLJD) provides us the latest state-of-the-art detection technology and is designed to locate the presence of electronic components no matter how small, and whether they are currently powered on, turned off, or even dead. This piece of equipment is extremely important because eavesdropping devices can be concealed in hidden places a physical search could miss. With this equipment, we will locate listening devices and transmitters in walls, floors, ceilings, fixtures, furniture, and more.
Photo compliments of © Research Electronics International
REI® ANDRE TM Advanced Near-Field Detection Receiver
Our technicians use the REI ANDRE handheld broadband receiver (and kit of full range accessories) specifically designed to recognize radio frequencies (RF) across a 10 kHz to 6 GHz transmission range. This equipment allows our technicians to detect known, unknown, illegal, disruptive, or interfering RF transmissions. The ANDRE quickly identifies and locates nearby RF, infrared, visible light, carrier current, and other types of transmitters that are threats.
Photos compliments of © Research Electronics International
FLIR® E4 Infrared Thermal Camera
Our professional technicians use the FLIR E4 infrared thermal camera to physically inspect your environments. This piece of equipment will detect the active heat signature of eavesdropping devices that may be well hidden in fixtures, floors, air vents, walls, ceilings, bedding, and personal belongings (i.e., books, stuffed animals, etc.).
Berkeley Varitronics Systems “Wolfhound™-PRO” High-Speed Scanning Receiver
Our professional technicians use the Berkeley Varitronics Systems “Wolfhound™-PRO” high-speed scanning receiver that utilizes a multi-band DF (Direction Finding) antenna system allowing us to locate hidden GPS monitoring devises illicitly installed on your vehicles.
Choosing the correct TSCM provider is critical. Please contact “The Debugging Experts” for further information. When you need effective solutions for your privacy concerns, call “The Debugging Experts” at 847-301-1475 for a FREE consultation.